Similar to an annual wellness physical, a home evaluation can give homeowners a review of the financial elements of their home.
It’s particularly valuable based on the fact that their home and its equity is generally, one of their largest assets. While a home evaluation is not an accredited appraisal, it can give you a good idea of what your home is worth. As Chestermere, Langdon and Rockyview East specialists we have been in the homes that are on the market and that have recently sold. So when we compare your home to another we have a much better idea of what the actual comparable was like. There is no point in comparing your home to a smelly foreclosure, when your home is a well-kept home.
A home evaluation is also different than a property tax assessment.
A tax assessment takes a point in time and estimates the value from that date. A home evaluation is what is it worth today! In Chestermere, you can look up your tax assessment on line and see how it compares with your neighbours here. Just log in as a visitor, agree to the terms, go to searches and find your street then type in your street number. Your property will come up on the map. just click on it and you will be able to see the reports. You will want to check to see that the size is accurate and that any structures are correct. You can also click on the homes near you to see how your home compares.
- When we do a complementary home evaluation we will compare your home to similar properties recently sold and are currently available.
- This can provide you with information you can use to determine if you should challenge a property tax assessment
- You will know the value of your home so you can decide whether you have the equity to refinance so you can:
- lower your rate
- make improvements
- remove a person from the loan
- eliminate credit card debt
- combine loans
- take cash out of the equity
- We can discuss which renovations and repairs will add value for resale.